Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im Gettin No Signal Input On Monitor. I Think The Motherboard Is Fried

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mikilama

Mikilama

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:00 PM

The comp powers up it just has the monitor coming on saying no signal input.I have looked this problem up and have tried some different things i read to do. I have 2 monitors and 2 videocards and both of them them have the no signal input come up on the monitor. I thought it might be my ram slots so i moved them and that didnt work so i tried my ram chips in my other comp and they worked in it. So all this should mean I need another motherboard right? Im askin before I bring it to a shop and they tell me I need another after changing me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dngrsone

Dngrsone

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:17 PM

Did you use different video cables? If so, then check you PSU outputs, just for giggles; but otherwise, yes, it sounds like your motherboard has had it.
Posted Image

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

So, let me summarize:

You've tried 2 different monitors - do they both work on the other system?
You've tried 2 different video cards - do they both work on the other system?
Your RAM works fine in the other system - so that's not the problem.
You're gonna check your cables and try others - this will help.
- while you're at it, get a light and check the pins to see if any are bent.
- also, check all the connections to the video card and it's seat in the slot.

Funny as it may sound - read the instructions on how to reset your BIOS and follow them exactly - this may have saved my bacon yesterday!

Then, check your BIOS settings and ensure that nothing in there could conflict with the video (including disabling any onboard graphics adaptors).

Let us know how this works out.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 VB4

VB4

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

It actually could be many things still, processor, modem, bad slot on motherboard. So if you have a modem, remove that, modems can cause many boot up problems with computers. You can reset the BIO by removing the battery on the motherboard, and let it sit out for 5 or so minutes, then replace and try. If no luck here, I would suggest taking it to the shop, they will most likely have the resources to check the other problems i think may be there.

For fast computer answers, visit SparkCore. A brand new computer forum with dedicated members, who will get you the answers you need to solve all your computer problems.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:45 AM

With Asus motherboards, you can reset the BIOS by removing the battery and shorting out the CMOS jumper. But, if you don't know where the CMOS jumper is, you can reset it by removing the battery as VB4 says after unplugging the system from the wall outlet.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users