Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winfixer No Safe Mode Access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lilbit

lilbit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:10 PM

i followed instructions for removing winfixer (18610 including downloading Hijack This and Vundo) but when i rebooted in safe mode, my computer would only go to the black screen with "Safe Mode" in each corner, no further. i couldn't get to Vundo in order to run it, nor could i use Hijack This (so no log). i tried to reboot, but unfortunately used msconfig to set safe mode so it reboots still in Safe Mode and only up to the black screen.

when it starts, there is a pop up that begins with something like Running in Safe Mode and Yes and No buttons at the bottom but it shuts down before i can click on it or read the middle. now what? how do i undo (mcsonfig) Safe Mode and how do i get past the black screen?

i am using my kids' computer but urgently need mine for work. i will be highly grateful for your help.

Edited by lilbit, 19 January 2006 - 01:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:22 AM

If you need to get access to your PC I suggest building the UBCD4Win which will give you full read/write access to your PC allowing you to remove any malware.

To build you will need your WinXP installation CD with SP1 or SP2 integrated or use the I386 which was part of the preinstall again SP1 or SP2 will need to be integrated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users