The other week the system repair xp trojan installed itself onto my PC, but by following instructions from here I seemed to get rid of it.
According to scanners such as Maleware Bytes, Spybot, SUPERAntiSpyware, & Virgin Media Security I have now no malicious files on my PC (Just Spyware Cookies)
Yet I keep encounting problems, such as:
- Before I turned on my monitor to find Outlook Express had composed 84 e-mail's to Virgin Media's fraud scamming dept. (This does seem to coincide with a Virus Scan by Virgin software)
- Internet Explorer will crash while I'm in the middle of something (Like writing this post )
- I had a My Heritage Add-on for IE, which seems to have completley disappeared
- Everytime I restart IE goes back to default settings
- The other day I tried to run a scan with Virgin Media, which terminated itself. The same happened with MalWare Bytes
- Also I could be using a program & it will suddenly disappear with no error message given.
Sometimes the program magically reappears hours later
- My Internet connection will randomly go off as well - but I'm not sure if this connected to this problem
Does it sound like I'm infected with something? Or I just have a tempermental PC?
Edited by Louise2212, 29 August 2011 - 07:58 AM.