Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

org5.exe - File Information

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paulp575

paulp575

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

According to your database, you want more information on file org5.exe. I currently use that file/program so here is what I know/see on my computer about the file:

Filename: org5.exe
Registry Value Name: Organizer5File
Command: "D:\Lotus SmartSuite\organize\org5.exe" "%1"
File Location: "D:\Lotus SmartSuite\organize
Description: Lotus SmartSuite Organizer file
Status: N - not required; you can run it when you need it. However, it is required if you want the Lotus Organizer to run in the background and pop-up when you have an alert for an appointment or other calendar entry.

NOTE on COMMAND and File Locations: On my Windows XP Pro w/SP3 computer, I DO NOT install anything I don't have to into the C:\Program Files folder. Instead, I install each program in it's own folder on my D drive. So if I did install in C:\Program Files, I presume the location would be: C:\Program Files\organize\org5.exe" "%1"

Additional information:
File size: 3,800 KB
File date: 7/25/2001 6:19 AM

Hoe this helps to update the entry.

Thanks,

paulp575

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Minh Triet Pham Tran

Minh Triet Pham Tran

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

org5.exe Details. Is this file safe? Check the directory
http://www.isthisfilesafe.com/sha1/1BD6DC7824C498953D6E9E6824D8245C3F3D7029_details.aspx

What is Org5.exe? Org5.exe Task Manager Process Information
http://searchtasks.answersthatwork.com/tasklist.php?File=Org5
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology. Bruce Schneier

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Sorry for the delayed reply here. Thank you. The entry has been updated, and given that I discovered a second way for this file to run at startup, a new entry for the file has been added as well.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 paulp575

paulp575
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Not sure what you mean by "second way for this file to run at startup" to run this program.

All my experiences show when you install this program as part of the SmartSuite installation, it is NOT automatically set up to run when Windows runs. I have to drag the executable to my Startup folder; then it runs all the time. One additional step is I set it to run minimized so it doesn't stay open.

Thanks,

Paul Y

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

That is indeed the usual way for it to start. However, there are some instances when it runs as a regular run key and not from the startup folder.

Edited to add: Lotus Organize also comes as a standalone program.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 November 2012 - 11:21 PM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users