Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minecraft pixel formate not accelerated

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 sealab865

sealab865

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

When i go on minecraft i get the error thats in the title so i was told by a friend to come here for the best help im using an asus laptop and using Sis mirage 3 graphics series SIS672 so i would appreciate the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hello and Welcome to BC :welcome:

Could you tell your Asus Laptop Model and Error Message that you get on your next post.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:16 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Your issue is not uncommon, in fact it is very common, I am going to point you to two other threads I worked on with with two entirely different Bleepingcomputer members.

Thread #1 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic304860.html/page__p__1687700__fromsearch__1#entry1687700

Thread #2 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic396181.html/page__p__2238960__fromsearch__1#entry2238960

You will notice those two members had the same issue as you.
Now that is not to say you were not supposed to start your own thread, because your issues may not be the same as the other members issues, but my intent was to show how common it is and perhaps something in those threads will be similar to your situation.

Read through those two threads and let me know if your answer was in one of those two threads, if not post back here and let us know.
If you found a solution in one of those threads please be kind enough to return to this thread and post what solution worked best for you.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 sealab865

sealab865
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

sorry for the late replyi just figured out that i dont get an email if i got a reply (lucky i checked) i read those posts and it didnt help at all like i say im using sis graphics so im not sure where i can get new update beacus i tryed to but it freaked up my computer so bad i had to sys restore this but now im just getting so sick now my error is in the title but i will post it

please tell me whats going im planning to get a tower either this december or next year but i kind of want to get on to minecraft as fast as i can
Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 04/09/11 23:18

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
Java: 1.6.0_27, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:294)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:716)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 927a5ded ----------

#5 sealab865

sealab865
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

also here is the dxdiagAttached File  DxDiag.txt   21.97KB   3 downloads

#6 sealab865

sealab865
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

i just noticed i was running compatability mode for windows vista

heres my windows 7 error

Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 04/09/11 23:34

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
Java: 1.6.0_27, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:294)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:716)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 357de53c ----------

#7 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

Hello, I know those links I provided you with were a bit confusing, that is because several members posted to other members threads making things a bit confusing to follow.

I am copying and pasting what I posted in another thread here, because one member has the same motherboard as you requiring the same drivers for the video card.

Information about your motherboard:
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model Number: K50C
Version: 1.0
Chipset Vendor: SiSChipset
Model: 672
Chipset Revision: 00
Southbridge Vendor: SiSSouthbridge
Model: 968 Southbridge Revision: 01

You'll notice the numbers 672 above, that is the key number that focuses on the drivers I am linking you to below.

Do not concentrate on the name "SiS Mirage 3 Graphics", that is what makes it hard to find your drivers, concentrate on the chip set.
By the way your current drivers are version 7.14.10.5290, although this driver listed below is 5.26, but those are the most current drivers available at the link below.

Here is the instructions:

Go to this link:
http://w3.sis.com/download/

Accept the terms and conditions on that web page.

In step 1 Choose windows 7 as your OS.

Then is step 2 choose IGP GRAPHICS DRIVERS<--IMPORTANT!

Then in step 3 choose SIS671 & SIS672<--IMPORTANT!

Go with the link that has the LATEST date such as this one:

File Name R529_Logo.zip
Version v 5.29
Release Date 2011-01-06
Support Products
SiS671 , SiS671FX , SiS672 , SiS672FX , SiSM671 , SiSM671MX , SiSM672 , SiSM672MX ,
File Size 14,756KB
Support OS Windows 7 ,

Best of luck to you.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 04 September 2011 - 11:51 PM.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#8 sealab865

sealab865
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

thanks alot bruce my computer is now MESSED up i was just about to press yes to reboot but then a BSOD came so i restarted my computer and guess what my screen is absaloutly huge thanks alot i carnt play any games now but im giving you another chance to help me

#9 sealab865

sealab865
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

to make it worst it got rid of my backup of before i made the change

#10 sealab865

sealab865
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

ok i was able to install it propley now but its worse i still carnt play minecraft and now my video card dosnt support my aero effects :( :angry: :sad:

#11 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

thanks alot bruce my computer is now MESSED up i was just about to press yes to reboot but then a BSOD came so i restarted my computer and guess what my screen is absaloutly huge thanks alot i carnt play any games now but im giving you another chance to help me

Please dont blame anyone if you get BSOD and dont use any caps as it will hurt someone that read it.
Could you post your BSOD report on your next post
Your screen become huge is because after Updating VGA driver your resolution will be 800x600 and your need to change it manually.

Do you know that Minecraft have their own forum? not in BC.
On that Minecraft forum their have Support Section. Please read there and you will find that Minecraft suggest to update your Video Driver. And for Sis they give exactly same link with Bruce give to you.

ok i was able to install it propley now but its worse i still carnt play minecraft and now my video card dosnt support my aero effects :( :angry: :sad:

Sometimes "Updated" will not means it will fix everything.

Sorry if I doesn't give any advice as I doesn't want to get blame if something happens with your Computer :P

#12 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:58 AM

Thanks for your support abauw.

Part of my training for commercial electronics repair involved learning to accept criticism and complaints from the people I help.

My career also involves my being patient with people no matter what, trust me when I say people are easier to cope with, then it is to diagnose problems with modern day electronics.

Working on electronics involves having patience, that I have and that is why I chose advanced electronics repair as my major in college.

I am here to help people, no matter what and I accept that some will become upset with me if things do not work out the first time around.

abauw you are also correct with what you posted above, updating a driver can sometimes require a change in screen resolution.

The main issue with the video game MineCraft is the OpenGL drivers.

OpenGL.org used to release drivers for public download, that was back in the days of MSDOS, where Windows was based upon a DOS Shell.

Now those drivers are released specifically by the vendors of the video graphics chip, such as Nvidia and ATI/AMD.

The driver errors associated for OpenGL issues usually point to Java applications, because the driver are written in Java script. You'll notice that if you look in the error logs, when the application experiences an error.

MineCraft, being a BETA application in some cases I have seen, contains bugs in the programing script. It depends on what version of MineCraft you have installed.

If the application is causing issues with video graphics, a correction can be made by doing a clean un-install of the application and re-installing it again, with the same version or a newer bug-checked error free version.

The problem with pixelation as I stated above is very common with this game, quarrying it on Google search, will bring several hundred hits.

This means the game its self contains the bugs in its programming (scripting) code, specially if you have the BETA version of the application installed.

I also suggest an update to Java should also be part of the update package, not just the drivers for the video card. http://www.java.com/en/download/

Newer versions of Java also include security updates and it is highly recommended to keep it updated to the newest release.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 06 September 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#13 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:26 AM

Thanks for your support abauw.

You welcome Bruce :inlove:

The main issue with the video game MineCraft is the OpenGL drivers.

On Minecraft forum someone has fix it with playing around in Registry and deleting some string on Registry.

#14 sealab865

sealab865
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

srry i was so mean i was having a bad day that day cus i wasnt well my friend lost her cats and all that but i will look around the minecraft forums to see what i can find also i always go to java everyday to make sure there is a update :busy:

#15 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

You could read this.
Failed to Find Accelerated OpenGL Mode[Problem Solved][Fix]

But please remember one thing. Back up your registry first and Proceed With Your Own Risk as playing with Playing sometimes could make something worse.

Please check does you have installed Asus Enhanced Display Driver on your laptop? If yes please remove it first before you playing with your Registry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users