Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Stuck in Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wasteomana

wasteomana

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

My little sister has asked for my assistance getting her computer fixed. I am unsure what has been done to it in order to make it broken, but I can give any information you may need if you ask for specifics.

Ran AVG, system was clean.
Ran Malwarebytes, system was clean.

The system is working properly in safemode and doesn't seem to have any software problems that I can find, I think this may be a hardware issue but I do not know how to diagnose it.

Someone else has worked on this computer and has system restored it, to no effect.

When you try to boot the computer it will only boot in safe mode (including hitting F8 and manually selecting Boot Normally). If anyone would give me a starting point I would appreciate it. I will look on the forums for similar issues and other possible solutions. Thanks in advance.

-Waste

Edit: The version of Vista is Home Basic with Service Pack 2

Edited by wasteomana, 28 August 2011 - 06:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wasteomana

wasteomana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Sorry to self-reply, but normally these things get looked at after 24 hours. Is there some information missing that you would like for me to add? Am I posting in the wrong place? Something I'm obviously missing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users