Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting booted out of Explorer when I click links or try to open online textbook

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 branditx22

branditx22

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hi,
My laptop is a slow dinosaur, but ever since my daughter started using it for homeschooling, it's gotten more difficult. When she needs to open an online textbooks, it boots her out of explorer. If she tries to watch an educational video attached to a lesson, it boots her out of explorer. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

Did you try to install different browser, so we can see if this a browser issues or something else?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 branditx22

branditx22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

I haven't tried it yet. I'll try that and get back to you.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

OK :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 branditx22

branditx22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

I tried to download Firefox, but as soon as I click on the download it says "This tab has been recovered." The same problem.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same problem?

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users