Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gb642683ftb295

gb642683ftb295

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

Well dang lol.Finger slipped and it posted.How do you make a mp3 to plain text?I got a matrix screen saver.And it can play songs,but it has to be like that in order to play.I am a bit confused on how to do this.Has anyone done this before?
Here is what it said off the site.
Includes options to play your favorite MP3 files while the screensaver plays. You can download this sample music text file (playlist file) which shows the format needed. The text file MUST be in the same folder as the screensaver.
Here are simple instructions:
Save the sample file above to your local system.
Edit the sample playlist file and put the path of your MP3 instead of mine.
Drop it into your C:\windows\system folder (for example).
Go to the screensaver settings and under the Music tab, browse and select the C:\windows\system\Matrix-ks.txt file.
Here is the link.
http://www.kellysoftware.com/ssaver/Matrix_ks.asp

Edited by gb642683ftb295, 28 August 2011 - 03:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Not sure what you mean? Do what exactly?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 gb642683ftb295

gb642683ftb295
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

I don't get what they mean by save the sample playlist file to your local system.Its a webpage,not a file.Only way to save it is to copy the text open notepad and save.
Do I right click notepad,run admin,type in C:\Users\avd\My Music\06 - Rob Dougan - Clubbed To Death (Kurayamino Variation).mp3
and save to C:\Program Files\KellySoftware\Matrix-ks ?
I did that and it won't play.

Edited by gb642683ftb295, 28 August 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

Sounds easy enough.
It's not saying the songs have to be in plain text, but that you need to have a text file with a list of the paths, to the songs you want to play.

Here is an example, since I don't know where you music is located, or the type of music you have.

Save the downloaded file to the C:\windows\system32 folder.
Double-click the file, to open it.
Right click in the file, and select Select All.
This should highlight all of the text.
Right-click again, and select Delete.
This should remove everything in the file.

It would be easier to open Notepad, and create your own file.

Now, depending on where your mp3 files are located, you would type something like this, into the file

C:\your username\My Music\R\Rob Zombie\Reload (Time To Die).mp3

That will add that song to the playlist.
Do this with every song you want to add to the list.
Your list should look something like this:

C:\your username\My Music\R\Rob Zombie\Reload (Time To Die).mp3
C:\your username\My Music\D\Dope\Revolution.mp3
C:\your username\My Music\M\Metallica\Enter Sandman.mp3
C:\your username\My Music\M\Marilyn Manson\The Beautiful People.mp3

Just put the full path to the songs you want to use.

When you have added all of the songs you want, go to the toolbar at the top and click on File, and select Save.
Then click on File again, and select Exit.

Now, go to the screensaver settings and under the Music tab, browse and select the C:\windows\system32\Matrix-ks.txt file.

That should do it.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users