Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multiple pages print problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

I have a wierd problem printing more than one page from my xp computer laptop, gateway.

This problem happens with any printer which I connect to this computer. It must thus be a
Print Manager problem in windows, but I don't know how to solve it.

Problem: on a multipage document, it will not print any page beyond the first page. This is driving me nuts.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:50 AM

Printer model/manufacturer?

Do you have the normal print options when attempting to print...1 page, all, etc. ?

System manufacturer and model?

Please post exact onscreen error message, if applicable.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 30 August 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#3 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hamluis: It doesn't matter which printer I use. IN my office I have a late model Kyocera laser printer, which is an excellent printer. Same thing. Up state, I have a Brother MFC-8440 multi combo unit. Same thing.

I might add that another problem I have had is that the print spooler shuts off after I use a Canon multi combo unit for scanning. I know how to correct that. It will continue to annoy me for a few times, then the problem of losing the spooler ceases. It's really wierd.
The spooler file also has "dependencies" linked to other files. I am aware of that and make sure they are activated. I'm not a complete computer idiot!

Of courwse I am aware of the printer options. The funny thing is that this problem is on and off. I can sometimes print multiple pages easily, or one page, or two pages. Then, when I want to print a 2 page web site article, it will only print one page. What a pain in the neck.

Any ideas? It has got to be a windows print manager screw up.

Edited by hamluis, 30 August 2011 - 03:01 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote.

#4 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

One more thing. There are no on screen messages which appear. The second page goes through the printer and there is either an object which appears as a rough bar code, printed, or a smudge type rectangle. For some reason it is not printing the script or alphabetically figures on the second page.

I had a similar problem with printing tax forms at tax time. The form was only printing about 3/4 of a page. I learned how to fix this on a web site by adjusting the printing parameters on the printer's specification menu. Could this be a similar type problem on the printer's menu....even though it affects completely different printers???

44guy

Mod Edit: When you want to post...do not hit the Quote button, use either of the Add Reply buttons near top or bottom of webpage ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 30 August 2011 - 04:14 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote.

#5 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hi again, it's 44 Guy. Sorry Hamluis had to edit my post. I'll get used to the procedure sooner or later!

Does anyone have any further ideas after my August 30th post? Computer will not print second page of a web site article, only the first--even though I indicate and instruct it to print ALL, in the print dialog window.

#6 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

Could you tell what software that you use to print?
Have you try another software that could print?

You could try Uninstall all of your printer and installing it again then see what happens. Please do this one by one and try to print something.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#7 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

did you try printing the same page from a different web browser?

#8 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thank you for these suggestions. I will try both.

The print software would be Brother software for MFC 8440 model and
Kyocera software for my new Kyo printer, not sure of model number.

As I previously stated, this problem seems to repeat itself when I use the scanner on my multi function Canon,MF 4100 Fax- Print- Scanner, a few years old. Of course, this uses Cannon Software.

Why does using the scanner trigger this problem?
I also have the print spooler get disabled after I use the scanner--this I know how to correct, but it is also a pain in the neck.

Message to Abauw: Your english is fine, except when you use IF in a sentence, use "were", instead of "was". Example: If I WERE a carpenter, I would work with wood. This is called the subjunctive tense and is used
for speculative or future predicting sentences.

By the way, where the heck is Kelapa???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users