Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Player 12 Fails to recognize any discs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ocean69

ocean69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:37 AM

Hello, I'm not pc savy as most of you probably are, thus why I'm here seeking your expert advice. For some reason media player12 is not working. It fails to read any type of discs. My store bought cds or dvds. Nothing will play. It was working fine as I was able to burn a cd from my music files but now no longer works at all. I recently had the mother board replaced and main power source as well. Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not. All settings I went through and think they are correct but not entirely sure.All drivers come back as working and windows claims all is up to date. If anyone could assist me with this issue I'd be very grateful! Please however try to make the instructions as simple as possible as i'm not too familiar with pc terminolgy yet, lol. Much thanks in advance :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Hi :).

Insert a disk...post the exact error message that appears.

Does it read/recognize the CD you previously burned?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users