Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD at power on: Startup Repair: Repeat: Unresponsive to anything

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FluffyPup

FluffyPup

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:22 PM

Good evening Bleepers. Hope you are all have a great weekend.

My situation seems different than the BSOD Win 7 issues I have seen posted around. I can get no response.

Just got a new Lenovo G570 two weeks ago. Came loaded with Win 7 SP1 64 bit.

Now, at power up the BSOD flashes and goes to Startup Repair and then shuts itself down. Repeat. And repeat. And repeats with no response. The first run though it reported "AutoFailure" and "Unknown Cause." The second or third time, "AutoFailure" and "Unknown System Configuration Change."

Since I can get no response to anything, I pulled the power cord. Let it sit over night.

I booted from disc. (I get points for having burned the Recovery Disc!) The computer went directly to Startup Repair and reports: "AutoFailure" and "No root cause". I was able to get the computer to respond at this point and went to Advanced Options.

Ran the Memory test. No issues.

Then ran the Memory diagnotic tool from disc in Extended. Nothing.

I haven't had the computer long enough to create an Image. I do get points for having burned a Recovery Disc!

Of course, the System Restore can't find any of the auto Restore point or manual Restore points I created.

Somewhere I read that this sounded like a hardware failure? Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

FP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

<<Just got a new Lenovo G570 two weeks ago. Came loaded with Win 7 SP1 64 bit.>>

I would have contacted Lenovo support, first thing. You've paid for the right to use it...unless you've done something you are not telling us, new systems aren't supposed to have the problems you have described thus far.

Louis

#3 FluffyPup

FluffyPup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

I found the problem using Eset online scanner Hot Spot Shield had a virus installed. Eset got rid of it. All seems to be good now.

Thanks

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

If you have any further problems, you may want to initiate a post in the Am I Infected forum, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html .

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users