Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop boots, then crashes to black?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sablesheep

sablesheep

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Okay... Here's my issue. When I start up my laptop (HP Pavillion dv5-1125nr, Windows 7 Ultimate ~3 years old) it loads normally... Until it hits the login screen. The , it starts to go, makes the sound... Then goes black.

I just had my monitor and motherboard replaced for another issue I was having, so I don't think it's a physical issue. I have also ran a few malware/spyware tests and nothing comes up. My diagonstics, as well, turn up cleanly.

The laptop runs perfectly in safe mode, however, and I'm not sure what that means. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be eternally grateful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FluffyPup

FluffyPup

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:30 AM

I don't know anything, I can only offer what I would do.

I would remove all power sources. Unplug and remove battery. Let it sit for an hour or so. Power up.

Amazing how this solves so many issues. Seems they just want to take a nap. They are just being fussy. At least they don't want milk and cookies.

If that didn't help, I start in safe mode and do a restore back to when it worked.

Still not right? Next restore from the image you created. You did make that window's image file, right?

If that didn't work, I would surf around the web and pray for something to try before having to resort to a clean install.

Hope all goes well,
FP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users