Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Protection has disabled my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kgsticks

kgsticks

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

My computer has been completely disabled by the "Security Protection" malware. I have read and tried many of the suggested actions, but to no avail. I am unable to run any files with a .exe, .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat extension. I have tried running anti-malware programs from a flash drive, but they won't open either. I am unable to start Windows in Safe Mode. I am unable to open Task Manager. My computer runs Windows XP. I appreciate any advice you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hello... Please follow our Removal Guide here Remove Security Protection (Uninstall Guide) .
After reading how the malware is misleading you ...
You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

After you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 kgsticks

kgsticks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

I would love to follow the automated removal instructions, but step 1 is to start the computer in Safe Mode. This virus is not allowing Safe Mode as an option. I repeatedly tap the F8 button upon startup, but nothing happens other than a normal Windows start. Any advice on how to get around that?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Ok, Try this first,if still no joy see what you can run in Normal mode.
Is this XP or another??

SafeBootKeyRepair.exe
Let us see if we can get Safe mode to run.
Vista users my need to save it to the desktop first then right-click the icon and choose "Run as Administrator".

Please download and run SafeBootKeyRepair.exe.

Once it has completed, please try booting into Safe Mode.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users