Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost acting weird (high mem usage)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JustinC

JustinC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

Since the other day the memory usage will range between 100,000-900,000. Some times a "Generic Host Process for win32 services error" will pop up if I don't reset my computer for awhile. Which will than stop abunch of services so I have no choice but to reset.

I attached the hijack this log. If I should run anything else that would help diagnose this problem please tell

Mod Edit: Removed HJT attachment, no indication of malware issues, malware tools not allowed in XP forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 27 August 2011 - 04:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Post a screenshot of the error message next time it appears...and tell us exactly what you are doing when it occurs.

<<...will pop up if I don't reset my computer for awhile. Which will than stop abunch of services so I have no choice but to reset.>>

Please...provide more details about what occurs. What do you do to "reset my computer"...how long is "awhile"...whatever it is that you are attempting to describe doesn't seem to have crossed my personal path yet and I have no idea what is going on with the system from such verbiage.

If you know that you have a malware problem, please state such. The error message you provided us is not necessarily indicative of malware, from what I see.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users