Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer won't read any CDs or DVDs.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 summer_0126

summer_0126

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Just recently I have noticed that my computer will not read any CD or DVD that I put in it. When I look up the properties of the CD drive file it says TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C ATA Device is corrupt. The computer I have is a Windows 7 64-bit. I haven't really tried any thing yet and I'm not too smart with computers but if someone could help me out or give me some advice it would be much appreciated. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

1) Make sure the cd drive is the first device in the bios boot order
2) Insert a BOOTABLE disc in the drive
3) Reboot

Does the system offer the opportunity to boot to the cd or dvd you inserted? If not, the drive itself is probably bad.

#3 summer_0126

summer_0126
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

It still does not work. When I right clicked on the CD drive file in my computer and click on eject it says "an error occurred while trying to eject 'CD Drive (D:)'. And also when i try to load up iTunes it says "The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes." I have not recently installed anything that should interfere with this. I have already tried to reinstall iTunes. It did not work. When i put in a CD or DVD it does not even recognize that there is a disk.

Edited by summer_0126, 28 August 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

Did you uninstall iTunes...then try to reinstall it?

Better yet...uninstall iTunes and see if your optical drive works properly.

Optical Drive Cannot Read/Write

Louis

#5 summer_0126

summer_0126
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

OK so I uninstalled iTunes but it didn't change anything. I've already tried to reinstall iTunes but it still says the exact same thing. Are there any other suggestions?

Edited by summer_0126, 05 September 2011 - 08:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users