Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installxp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vidyaraj

vidyaraj

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:45 AM

Hai

I have one PC (3gb hdd,48mb ram,233mhz ,98se) can I up grade this to Windows XP, please give an Idea
thank you
vidyaraj......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 twistofcain1976

twistofcain1976

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:45 AM

from my knowledge i would think you might be a little low on hard drive space for this.
depending also on what other programs you have installed.
how much hard drive space is free at the moment ?

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,635 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:32 PM

No way you'll ever get XP on that system with those specs. You need at least 128 MB of RAM just to run XP and if you want to run any other resource intensive programs like antivirus, firewalls and any imaging or gaming programs you'll want at least 512 MB.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/ev...on/sysreqs.mspx

If you want to run XP I would sugest that you buy a new PC or build your own. XP doesn't upgrade well with older systems. It uses too much new technology to be compatable with older hardware and it's a headache to get everything tuned just right for it.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#4 kevinc

kevinc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:05 AM

I agree with the other posts. You are not going to have much success running XP on that system. You should keep 98 on that system and get new hardware to run XP.

#5 vidyaraj

vidyaraj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:30 PM

Thank you friends for your great ideas

vidyaraj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users