Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem:Can ghosted &/or unsigned drivers cause this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gb642683ftb295

gb642683ftb295

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

I ran scans with malwarebytes,combofix,TDSS killer,bitdefender antivirus,& hijack this....I think I am clean :thumbsup: .None of them picked up any infections and showed I am clean.Hijack this didn't show anything suspicious.Ran chkdsk & sfc /scannow,no problems found.I also ran mem test,no problems.
I have windows 7 x86(32b).Updates went smooth,no problems.Drivers are correct and show "This device is working properly" in all devices.I have all non microsoft services & startups disabled.
Now for my problem.For some reason when I try to restart or just shutdown,screen will shutoff like it usually does before restart and shutdowns after showing logging off and shutting down.But it never fully powers down & does not restart.I set it to not do a restart if a BSOD occurs,but it never happens.Screen just stays off and laptop keeps running.And sometimes it will randomly shutoff out of the blue.Cpu isn't overheating,40*-52*C on loads.HD 35*C.

But if I am running in safe mode & safe mode with networking,it will do shutdowns & restarts on command.I don't mean as in going in cmd and typing it in.I mean it will do it just like normal,does it when I select shutdown or restart like its suppose to.And it has never randomly shutoff on me in safe mode,like it does sometimes in normal mode.Its a laptop with a T2330 1.6ghz dc.My dc jack & power supply is fine.No loose connections.No new hardware has been installed,its all factory still.GPU is integrated sadly.I am running without a battery cause I can't afford one right now.
I am thinking either one or both,ghosted or some unsigned drivers may be the cause of my problem,whats your opinion?
Thanks

Edited by gb642683ftb295, 27 August 2011 - 09:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 delta417

delta417

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

Only thing I can really think of is that something is causing the computer to hang, like a program/process not shutting down or stops responding.

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

I'd check the power options first. They may be set incorrectly.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 gb642683ftb295

gb642683ftb295
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

Still does it.I put a digital temp sensor wired tip between the psu and top of a mason jar(lid).Seems like as soon as psu shows 100*f the laptop shuts off.Its probably hotter as the tip is just resting against it outside of the case.Must lose some power output once it gets hot.
Just looked at my laptop really good.It looks like it says 19V 3.42A.Sticker is faded.The power supply is 19V 3.16A.Is it cause its .26 of a amp short?I think that would be to small of a difference.

I might get a new universal psu,here is the specs:
nput: 100 - 240V ~ 50/60Hz, 1.2A
Input Frequency Range: 50-60 Hz
Output: 19V == 4.74A, 5V == 1A
Output power: 95W total/150W peak
Operating Temperature: 5 ~ 40C
LED Indicators:
White: Power on
Blue: USB charger
White LED flickers for OCP/OPP/SCP
Efficiency Up to 90%
Protection: OVP/OTP/OCP/OPP/SCP
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cooler-Master-95W-Universal-Laptop-SNA-95-AC-DC-Adapter-/130531359950?pt=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item1e64467cce
Would it be ok for my laptop?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users