Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help me please!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 jake1995

jake1995

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

okay, here's my problem, my computers graphics card is currently not functioning, it just simply doesn't work, but i know the problem is not the actual card itself because i tried changing the old card for a brand new one and neither worked, i currently have the newer one in my computer which is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 240, i'm not sure how i check what make my computer is, but if i go into 'run' and okay 'Dxdiag' under the heading 'system model' it simply says 'system product name', all i know is that my pc is made by novatech. my computer is current using windows XP as an operating system.

if i right click 'my computer' and go into 'properties' then from there click 'hardware' and then 'device manager' i can see the name of my graphics card and there is a little icon, but the icon has a yellow circle with a black exclamation mark on it, as does another option under the heading 'display adapters' which is entitled 'LogMeIn Mirror Driver'. if i right click on the option for my graphics card in this menu, and then click properties, then the properties menu comes up (obviously) and then there is a text box entitled 'device status' and inside this box it simply says 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.'
i have no clue what this means and how i am supposed to fix it, also if in that same properties menus i click 'rescources' it says 'this device isn't using any rescources because it has a problem'

any help would be appriciated because i really want my graphics card working, and i don't want to have to pay just for someone to fix it, it's really becoming a pain now.
if you need any more information that would help then tell me what it is and how to get it and i will post it, also in any responses please try to make your answers simple as i'm really not that great at computer stuff :(
thanks
jake

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

'LogMeIn Mirror Driver'.

What is this?
Do you use LogMeIn Software?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

There are two programs that are free that you can download and install that will help you with identifying your computer system and some of its hardware.

This first program is one you install and start it up and using the menu options on the left side of the program you can find out a lot about your system

It is called System Information for Windows, or SIW for short.

Here is the URL to the web site.

SIW-System Information for Windows http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.htm

Another program is called Speccy from piriform, that program allows you to create a system snap shot of your system and post that image to their web site where you are provided with a link, that link is what you would post in your next reply and the result will have your systems specifications.

Please if for any reason you copy and paste the entire contents of the text file into the forums instead of posting the speccy URL provided by the program, check that text for your Windows serial number and edit it out of the text before clicking the post button.

Here are the instructions on posting a speccy report in our forums.

How To Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Guide Overview

The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to post your computer's specifications to the forum with minimal effort on your part. This is often helpful when troubleshooting problems, and the person helping you needs to see the details of your computer's hardware.

Tools Needed
  • Speccy - First, you will need a program called Speccy. According to Piriform: "Speccy is an advanced system information tool for your PC." This is a very useful utility that every PC user should have in their arsenal.

Instructions
  • Go to Piriform's website, and click the big Posted Image button.

Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    Posted Image

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot

You will see the following prompt:
    Posted Image

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Posted Image

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Posted Image button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

The exclamation marks you see in device manager means your missing the required drivers to make that hardware work with Windows.

Once we know more about your computer, we can provide a link to the proper drivers for your system.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 26 August 2011 - 11:44 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 jake1995

jake1995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

thank you so much for taking this up to say you will help me :)
anyway here is the snapshot
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/cyB8Eb5Mwnzn6gqQi40mWle
so if you get back to me on this whenever i would be very grateful :)
thanks
jake

#5 jake1995

jake1995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:40 AM

just quickly bruce, i would like to let you know that i really want to be getting more gaming out of my computer than i am currently, and if my graphics card isn't functioning then obviously i won't be able to run any games, i have tried playing various games on my computer and none of them have worked due to my graphics card problems /:
thanks again
jake

#6 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:21 AM

Could you tell what version of your LogMeIn Software?

LogMeIn Mirror Driver is one component in LogMeIn Software and has been reported as issues / bug in LogMeIn forum.

You could read this.
How can I disable or uninstall the display accelerator?

If that doesn't work. Please tell what version of your LogMeIn Software on your next post.
If you think you doesn't use LogMeIn software. It was on at Speecy Report.

Stopped: LogMeIn
Stopped: LogMeIn Maintenance Service

Maybe you has been uninstall that LogMeIn Software and still have leaving something and that something cause this problem.

Edited by abauw, 27 August 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#7 jake1995

jake1995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

it isn't the logmein software, my computer had this problem before i had the logmein software installed on my computer, so i don't think removing it would have any effect, i will try uninstalling it and see what happens
many thanks
jake

#8 jake1995

jake1995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

just tried uninstalling LogMeIn software, and turns out it isn't even installed, so i am fairly sure now that it isn't the source of the problem, many thanks for your advice though
jake

#9 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Honestly. I just know that software when I googling with LogMeIn Mirror Driver keyword.

Could you go to this website and see what product that have and maybe you have installing one of that product.
https://secure.logmein.com/

And could you check on C:\Program Files. Does any folder with name LogMeIn. Or you could using Windows Search to find it with using LogMeIn keyword and search C: Drive. Search it with tick all on More Advanced Options.

Edited by abauw, 27 August 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#10 jake1995

jake1995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:57 PM

i'm not really sure what your telling me to do, i went on the link, and it's just a link to download LogMeIn, which i already have had on my computer, i just uninstalled it recently as i had no use for it.
also to MrBruce1959 and abauw i am going off out tomarrow and wont be back to my computer until thursday night, so i won't be able to read any posts until then, but i am on now and ill be for a little while, and i will try and check this topic tomarrow morning as well provided i get time.
many thanks
jake

#11 jake1995

jake1995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:00 PM

and one more thing to you Bruce, now you have my computer specs, how long do you think it will take for you to find a way to fix my problem? i don't mean to sound pushy at all it's just my computer has had this problem for a VERY long time, and i stumbled across this website and decided to see if anyone could help me finally fix it :)
thanks again
jake

#12 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Your motherboard is an Asus P5N-D.

Below is a link for the drivers and other computer support for your computer system

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P5N-D&p=1&s=22&os=17&hashedid=yQYfAtkxxZMjR79G

Your graphics adapter is an Nvidia GeForce GT240

Here is a link to the latest Windows XP drivers.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp-280.26-whql-driver-uk.html

Since your Speccy report lists you as being in the UK, I provided links for your location.

Make sure your drivers are updated and that they are all installed.

The exclamation marks you see in device manager indicate you have a driver that is missing.

You stated the exclamation mark is under display adapter, if that is the case, the driver for GT240 should work.

I have not downloaded a copy of your owners manual at this point, but if your motherboard has an integrated graphics chip, that missing driver could be related to that.

Let me know how things turned out with those drivers that are listed at those links I posted above.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 27 August 2011 - 04:47 PM.

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#13 jake1995

jake1995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

i tried downloading the driver for the graphics card to no avail, it went sucessfully and i restarted my computer without any trouble, but the exclamation is still there and the device is still not functioning... i will attach a picture of where the exclamation is. also i did not understand the motherboard driver update site, what was i supposed to do once i clicked the link?
thanks ever so much
jake

Attached Files

#14 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

Your attachment is a text document, I tried viewing it, but it is way too pixelated to make it out.

Can you replace that with a .jpeg or .bmp image?

To answer your question, the web page I listed above has various downloads, expand those by clicking on the +.

Save those files in a location where you can find them and install what is needed for your system.

Bruce.

#15 jake1995

jake1995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

I understood how the page worked, I was just unsure of what I was supposed to be downloading out of the list, because you said to install what is needed for my system, but I am unsure as to what is needed for my system, and also how do I convert and image to .jpeg or a .bmp?
Again many thanks.
Jake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users