Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! cooling system/fan/overheating issues?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 katrinaas

katrinaas

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

i've had my setup for ~2 years now. i assume parts are going bad or something because i'm now idling at 60c when i used to idle at ~30c :/ i can hardly play any of the games that i used to play (on max settings) because my computer heats up to about 90c and that makes me uncomfortable.

i have liquid cooling (i didn't choose it) and i have no idea how that works. i also partly assume that my problem is stemming from this, as i haven't changed any coolant or whatever in it since i bought it. is there any way that i could change it out to a normal fan? i don't really know much about hardware at all, clearly :/ is there anything else that could be causing this? i'll post the stuff i bought w/ it:

Case: iBUYPOWER A235 Gaming Tower Case - Black
Processor: [== Quad Core ==] AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU
Processor Cooling: Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [AMD]
Memory: 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module - Corsair-Value or Major Brand
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 – 896MB - Single Card
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H -- AMD 785G Hybrid CrossFire Chipset w/8-ch HD Audio, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, PCI-E MB
Power Supply: 1000 Watt -- Extreme Power Supply - [Gaming Series] Quad SLI + Active PFC

anyway, any advice/tips would be highly appreciated. i'm running out of ideas :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Could you tell does you get 90C from processor or your VGA?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 katrinaas

katrinaas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

well, when i open up my fan controls from vtune, it says my gpu is at 90c and my pcb is usually 5 degrees within 90 :/

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

If it was your GPU that means your VGA.
Could you check does your VGA have fan or not? Does it spining when you turn on your Computer? And does that fan have dust or not?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#5 katrinaas

katrinaas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

it has no dust, yes it's spinning, and yes my card has a fan.

#6 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

Even in a sealed water cooled system water will evaporate and periodically needs to be topped off. Have you checked the coolant reservoir? if it is low you can top it off with some distilled water from the supermaket.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#7 katrinaas

katrinaas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

no, i haven't. i'm afraid to mess with it because i don't want to fry anything :/ is there anything i can read or look into for it?

#8 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

There are so many different types systems it would be difficult to point you somewhere that would tell you about your specific setup without knowing more. Since the watercooling is only doing the processor it might be a manufactured setup. Is there a name of model number on any of the water cooling parts you can see?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users