Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeS71

MikeS71

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

I have a new build (4-5 days ago) which was working fine until today. When trying to start-up today I get blue screen error "process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated"

The Stop error is 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800E763AE0, 0xFFFFFA800E763DC0, 0xFFFFF800033868B0)

I have done a little poking around, checked that everything is seated, changed out SATA cable for harddrive, and checked BIOS that Harddrive is set as Master... no luck!

I am unable to boot at all, not even in safe mode! help please!!!

System is as follows:
MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P
CPU: i5 2500K
RAM: 16GB Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX580

Another note: each time I try to reboot the error codes change- the 0x000000F4 stays the same but the codes in () change.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MikeS71

MikeS71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

Just as an update- I tried removing the RAM sticks (4 4G sticks) and tried booting with just 1 of them installed (actually tried each of the 4) and the issue continues...

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,568 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Generic info on error, courtesy http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm

"0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive; compare KB 330100."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330100

I would think hard drive...before exploring other hardware ideas.

FWIW: There is no master/slave setting for SATA drives.

I've been known to miss things...but I don't see those RAM modules listed under that board's Memory Support List. Not necessarily a deal-breaker, but can be such with some boards.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3912#ov

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users