Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Will Not Display on HDTV

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BrodyBlack

BrodyBlack

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

I had this in another board before, but I've verified that it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem with the television and audio and video seems to be more appropriate for this topic.

I recently bought a new television which is a Vizio 47" Class 3D LCD 1080p 120Hz HDTV, E3D470VX. Yesterday I had it connected up to my computer which is a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-210F Desktop PC via an HDMI cable. There were no immediate problems as I was just using it to surf the web, but later I was trying to watch a movie off my computer and I noticed that the audio wasn't playing. While this too is a problem (and I do know that my computer has played audio from HDMI cables before to televisions) the main reason I am posting here is what happened afterwards. I had the display extended using Windows 7 Home Premium and the movie on the second screen. After constantly trying to turn off the television and unplug the HDMI cable and plugging it back in I just decided to restart the computer. After that, the television wouldn't display images from the computer anymore.

On my television screen now when I try extending the display, making it the main display, making it the only display, and duplicating the display, I see multicolored vertical lines on the left side of the screen, and horizontal differently multicolored lines on the right side of the screen.

From here I have tried changing to every resolution that my computer offers. I have also tried a different HDMI cable and using every one of the four ports on my television. I've uninstalled the ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 Series Graphics graphics driver and reinstalled it. I've tried multiple restarts of the computer and the television which includes unplugging both their power sources and unplugging the HDMI cable.

I've talked to Vizio Customer Support 3 times, 2 on chat, and 1 on phone and they were extremely unhelpful.

The television works fine besides the HDMI problem. I can use a RGB to connect to the computer no problem. The HDMI cables I used connect to my smaller Polaroid television no problem. I'm currently at a loss and I don't know what to do. Has someone had this problem before? Is this a problem with the television or my computer and can I fix it?

I would really appreciate some help with this issue and I have some new information that I wasn't able to provide before. It would seem it is not a problem with television entirely because I connected the television via HDMI to an XBOX 360 and it worked perfectly. What could have happened to my computer after a restart that would not let my television work anymore with HDMI even after a driver reinstall?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users