Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dubbing VHS to DVD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Heartbeat85

Heartbeat85

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:50 AM

Hi Guys, What is the most effective,best, and most used method of putting some VHS Home Recorded Videos,Movies and even Store bought VHS Movies over onto DVD Disc from VHS Tape ? I would appreciate all the input I get.I know they are more than just 1 or 2 ways to do it.Is a Computer based program,DVD recorder, or VHS to DVD Combination Dubber the way which works best ? Sincerely,Heartbeat85

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

One way I have done this is to use my VCR and my PVR. I playback the VHS and record it onto the hard drive of the PVR. Then I burn it directly in the PVR to a DVD-R disk. As an alternative if you have a video capture card in your PC is to capture the video that way and then burn to DVD with any standard burning software.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Just a note...some copyrighted VCR tapes...will not accurately permit capture/copying via the methods described.

I have a capture card which I have tried to use (years ago) for such...some copies are defeated by built-in copyright protection. I find that it's probably just easier/smarter to buy such on CD/DVD, rather than try to overcome the copyright mechanisms employed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users