Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Relocation Of Tower

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Raz

Raz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:58 PM

Im renovating my computer desk area and adding some recording hardware to my computer so I need to make space. I had planned on relocating my tower next to my (crt) monitor but am unsure what effect it may have on the tower...Would electromagnetic field pose any problems? Would appreciate any advice or knowledge on this............

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:51 AM

Haven't ever had a problem with a tower next to a monitor (CRT or LCD). I've got 2 towers next to my LCD right now. Both of my boys have towers next to their CRT's - and there's 2 in my wife's office that are that way also.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Dngrsone

Dngrsone

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:29 AM

As long as the metal case surrounds the computer, there shouldn't be any problems.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users