Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onboard Audio Problem, No Mic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 megalo

megalo

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

P4 3.0 prescott, stock cooling
intel 915pbl motherboard
corsair 2gb ram in duel channel
x800 pro from sapphire
X-fi platinum from creative
2 case fans, gonna add another one
Been working since september.

Before I bought the sound card, which has problems of its own, I was stuck with onboard audio. Problem is I couldn't get the mic to work at all. The game i like to use the mic in is Counter strike: source but it wouldn't work with any other game or application such as teamspeak. Since then, i bought the sound card and thus disabled the onboard audio, but due to the usb ports acting up on the motherboard (shown in another thread), I am also bringing this up to see if it can be solved or if it can't i can use it as a way to RMA the motherboard. Are there any applications that i can use to test this functionality? Thanks for the time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VB4

VB4

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

I wrote you a PM about your two motherboard problems.

For fast computer answers, visit SparkCore. A brand new computer forum with dedicated members, who will get you the answers you need to solve all your computer problems.

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

At Bleeping Computer help is provided through forum postings not via PM's.

This is so that others may also learn about similar.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 megalo

megalo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:53 AM

This is the reply i sent to VB4:

I have an intel b915pbl socket t (lga 775) motherboard. i bought it off of neweeg in late august, but they no longer carry it. The ram is corsair valuelselect 2 gb in duel channel mode. The cpu is a prescott P4 3.0ghz no overclock. The video card is the x800 pro from sapphire, pci-express, overclocked to 540 core and 510 memory. Also, around christmas time I flashed the bios through windows using an intel flashing utility. That went over pretty well. Soon after, I reinstalled windows and deleted the partition on my hard drive and started anew. Thats when the mouse started to stop working suddenly. I think i've tryed every usb port on the back and since migrated the mouse to my front usb ports that don't have this problem. I don't know what to do to solve this, can you help me? The audio problem, the mic not working, has been their since day one and I tryed so many things to get it to work. I also don't know how to solve this but it was never a big deal because I was planning on buying a sound card. The sound card is the X-fi platinum, but because of the usb problem i decided to bring this up too. Can you help me solve this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users