Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't enable window peek

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 richierein

richierein

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hi,

I have two situations that I am unable to explain. My Windows Peek function somehow became disabled. I right-clicked the tiny window on the lower right corner of my screen and 'Peek at Desktop' is checked and shadowed. Also, on the advanced system settings, the box to adjust for best appearance is checked. What can I do to get this peek function back?

Also, I am missing the volume and power icons in the notification area. But something very strange has happened. When I look at the window to customize the notification icons, some of the icons do not correspond to their associated descriptions. This one really has me confused. Can anyone help?

Richard Rein
Mod Edit: Removed email addy, protection from spambots~ Hamluis

Edited by hamluis, 14 September 2011 - 08:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richierein

richierein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:56 AM

To anyone looking to help me: I have found solutions to both of these problems. Thanks anyway.

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

Can you give us a hint how you fixed the problem?

#4 richierein

richierein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

Believe it or not but I really don't remember what was causing problem with Peek. And it's only two weeks since I originally posted this. Getting old really sucks. If sometime I remember what I did to get the peek function working again I'll be sure to post it here. The problem with the notification icons just disappeared one day and never came back.

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

Okay, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users