Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death? Can't load Windows

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hi,
I have a Dell Inspiron and whenever I turn my pc on a blue screen flashes and says Windows Cannot Load.. It goes directly to Startup Repair. However, That does not fix the issue.

I tried a Recovery Disk for Windows 7 iso and that does not work either.. It started rebooting back to the factory settings but when it completed, and restarted, the blue screen of death was still around.

I tried Command Prompt with Scandsk/ f I believe and that did not work at first because it was write protected.. I found a way past that and nothing. At one point it said boot memtest.exe is missing or corrupt.

Right now I got into a Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.. I have no idea how I did but its checking for memory problems. The only way I got to this was by pressing the down button when booting with windows recovery disk via dvd drive.. and when it stated press any button to boot. when I press down it gets to this..

Is my hard drive fried? Can this be rectified?

Edited by boopme, 25 August 2011 - 01:29 PM.
Moved from AII to WIN 7~~boopme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

can someone please help me on this?

I tried other methods i have found on this forum such as running the memem86 program but it kept running for hours and nothing.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) As for the hd, go to the website of your hd manufacturer and download their diagnostic utility. Burn it to cd, boot to it, run it.

#4 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

When you turn the computer on and see the DELL logo start tapping F12. That should bring up boot options, select dell diagnostic utility... post results of that.

#5 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

I did not install anything new or downloaded any virus.. I shut it off.. then I turned it back on a week later and it just would not load to windows..

As for the Self Diagnostic Utility with Dell,

This might sound like a stupid question, but how can I post the results? It's scanning but it keeps adding new information I can't grab.

Should I record it or something? or is there something in specific in the end you need to know?

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) As for the hd, go to the website of your hd manufacturer and download their diagnostic utility. Burn it to cd, boot to it, run it.

#7 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

sorry I thought I was following the both of you.

i am downloading this and booting it ISO

I will post results when I am done. Thankx

#8 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

ALLAN,

So I downloaded the diagnostic utility from Dell from the Website I listed above.. I ran the diagnostic

and it stopped with this Message

Error - System_ERROR This system is not recognized as a supported Dell PC. These diagnostics may not be run on unsupported systems.

I also tried the diagnostic on startup by pressing F12 run diagnostic, and everything passed.

What do you suggest now?

thanks

#9 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:20 AM

i also get this error.. Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

Info: The boot selection failed becaused a required device is inaccessible

#10 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:42 AM

bootmngr is missing press CTRL ALT DEL

Jesus!

Should I just toss this Laptop in the trash?

#11 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

I am sorry I went along with more research to try new methods.. But the bootmng missing was caused by this, now I do not know how to fix

That was caused by this..

1.Once Windows 7 Setup is loaded, press Shift + F10 keys at the first setup screen (which allows selection of language, keyboard and locale). A Command Prompt window will be opened.
2.Run Diskpart, the built-in disk partitioning tool of Windows 7 with the following command:
diskpart

3.Type in the following command one by one, follow by Enter key to create a partition (text in brackets are comments only):
list disk (to show the ID number of the hard disk to partition, normally is Disk 0)
select disk 0 (change 0 to another number if applicable)
clean
create partition primary size=80000 (create a partition with 80 GB space; to use entire disk as one partition, omit the “size=value” parameter switch; use similar command to create more partition if needed or create in Windows 7 after installation)
select partition 1
active
format fs=ntfs quick
exit

4.Type exit at command prompt to close Command Prompt window.
5.Continue Windows 7 installation as usual. Remember to just highlight and select the partition just created when come to partition screen.

#12 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:27 AM

Have you run the diagnostic on the hard drive yet?

#13 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

ALLAN,

So I downloaded the diagnostic utility from Dell from the Website I listed above.. I ran the diagnostic

and it stopped with this Message

Error - System_ERROR This system is not recognized as a supported Dell PC. These diagnostics may not be run on unsupported systems.

#14 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Have you run the diagnostic on the hard drive yet?

Edited by Allan, 26 August 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#15 Jorgieboy82

Jorgieboy82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

Allan,

I downloaded the diagnostic utility from Dell and I posted the results to you.

As for the first question, I have not downloaded anything or acquired any virus that I am aware of. I just had the laptop shut off for a week then turned it back on and this is what happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users