Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Need Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cpinski

Cpinski

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hello, I have recently been getting a BSOD. I think its related to the SSD I just purchased. I was hoping I could post the report and see if i could get some help determining what the problem really is. All my googling has just told me its a vauge bsod and most people who get it, get it when booting. I get it when my system idles, but also sometimes during games. I tried making another user account and importing the registry from that to this user name (im the only user on the pc) but I just got it again. Im using a littel freeware bsod eventviewer to look up the report and it says its related to ntokrnl.exe with a bug check code 0x000000f4.
Thank you for any help,
Corey

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:54 AM

Ignore the advice above regarding event viewer.

You said you think this is related to an ssd you just purchased. Can you explain in detail when the problem started and why you think it's related?

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

Ignore the advice above regarding event viewer.

You said you think this is related to an ssd you just purchased. Can you explain in detail when the problem started and why you think it's related?

To add to this is the only BSOD?

#4 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Was a clean install performed on the SSD, or was the drive imaged?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users