Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crazy Colors and Pixelation in streaming video. Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sierraskier

sierraskier

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

I have this problem when streaming video where it gets all blocky with weird colors, like in the pictures below. It doesn't happen all the time, and it happens much less than it used too. It doesn't really happen at all with Youtube or Vimeo, but with other things it sometimes does. I have MLB.TV, and whenever I turn it up to HD quality, it does this, which is really annoying. It still moves, you can vaguely make out the shapes of people, and the audio works fine. I have tried updating my graphics drivers, I've tried Chrome and IE, and I can't get it to stop. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

If this is happening with that site only, you should contact their customer service department.

#3 sierraskier

sierraskier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

No, it happens with other things too, but this is the one that affects me the most as I use it quite often.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

You said it doesn't occur on Youtube or Vimeo. Where else does it occur?

#5 sierraskier

sierraskier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Well I have to take that back. It happened with an embedded Youtube player just today, on the 360p setting. When I changed it to 240p, it worked fine. It has also happened to me with other streaming players that aren't Youtube or Vimeo. The thing that is weird is that sometimes I can stream HD video on Youtube with no problems at all!

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:29 AM

Since for the most part this only happens at one site, I think you should contact them. You may have to adjust your settings on that site and they are the best ones to advise you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users