Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hitman Pro Broke my Internet and my Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pins333

pins333

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Hello,

I have/had the Google Redirect Virus. Couldn't get Malwarebytes to run, someone suggested Hitman Pro, it seemed to find lots of bad stuff, but after I restarted my computer I could no longer access the internet with firefox or IE. Also, I cannot get into safe mode now.

The "network Connections" dealie says it is "acquiring" or "accessing" (don't remember which, I'm on work computer now) an internet connection, but it never actually does.

And, when I boot into safe mode, I can log in, but there is just a black screen there, not my desktop.

Help? I have heard about incompatibilities among AV programs, could that be what happened? Any help is greatly appreciated. I downloaded some things at mbam's suggestion to try to make mbam run, plus I also had spybot installed...glady provide more details about those if it helps.

Thanks so much in advance! And so sorry if my diy attempts make your job harder!

Edit: Hi, I also want to mention that I am using Windows XP, thanks.

Edited by pins333, 25 August 2011 - 12:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users