Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Cryptor Virus Blue Screen Crash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jhawkdriver

jhawkdriver

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

Hello All,

Not having any success with my laptop infected with Cryptor Virus. Have tried Malware and AVG with very limited success. Now the computer won't even boot up Windows...it goes to repair efforts screen and then Blue Screen crashes and starts the whole process all over again. Have tried to enter Safe Mode, but the computer runs through the script and then Blue Screen crashes again. I'm definitely out of ideas (other than buying a Windows upgrade and reinstalling) which I would prefer NOT to do unless necessary. I also have downloaded several supposed Cryptor Virus removal tools on a USB, but obviously cannot install due to the above reasons...HELP please!

jhawkdriver

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 August 2011 - 05:46 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows 7 ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Azure Kite

Azure Kite

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

Do you have access to another computer with a CD Burner? If so you could try something like a Linux-based antivirus rescue CD. I personally use BitDefender, which allows you to boot into Linux, update the virus definitions, and scan for viruses on a hard drive.

If you do have access to another computer that has a CD Burner, try this:

http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso

This is an ISO file and if you're familiar with them great, just burn it with your burner program of choice. If not you can use something like ImgBurn to put this file onto a CD.

Here's a link to ImgBurn:
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
"As Rule# 87 states: Actors are not good for nothing, they're best for nothing." - Frank Kincaid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users