Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

World Of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shortymac

shortymac

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:18 PM

my professions (tailor and first aid) stopped working, like whenever i make something it doesn't give me any skill points. I already contacted a GM 2x (See the e-mail they sent me below, i followed these directions to a T) about it and it still hasn't been fixed. They said they forwarded my complaint to "a team" to help me. Its been 3 days and that team still contacted me or fixed the problem.

How long should I wait?

Thank you for contacting us about your characters' profession issues. We are aware of a current issue causing certain professions to progress abnormally, or cap incorrectly based on skill level. At this time, there is no workaround or fix for this situation. We are diligently working on a solution and we will follow up with you when the issue is resolved. Thank you for your understanding and patience regarding this matter.

After some research it appears the issue you are having may be related to your User Interface (UI). This applies whether you have a custom UI or not. To help resolve this issue we recommend the following steps:

1) Exit the World of Warcraft to your desktop by logging out of the game and exiting.

2) If you used an "installer" for a custom UI, see if it has an "uninstaller" and use it.

3) Rename the following folders located inside the World of Warcraft Program Folder WTF, WDB, and Interface folders to WTF-Old, WDB-Old and Interface-Old.

4) Restart your computer.

5) Make sure that you are using WOW.EXE to start the game. Please do not run any UI installers before hand, as we want to eliminate them as part of the issue.

If these steps do not resolve your issue, please submit a new In-Game ticket and we will attempt to assist you further.
Despite many reverses, freedom has won many battles. Many died in those battles in the conviction that to die in the struggle against oppression was better than to live without freedom. Such a death is the utmost assertion of their individuality. ~ Erich Fromm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:47 AM

Did you send another ticket as they requested, assuming you are not using "extra" UIs? I think the team wanted to eliminate that issue first. If there is a general problem, they will quickly issue a patch.
You might check WOW's forums for either profession to see if others have similar problems. I don't currently tailor or do first aid, but my professions (mining and skinning) work fine on both servers I use.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 shortymac

shortymac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:34 AM

yeah i did (thats why i said i contacted them twice), and i never had any custom UI's installed to begin with

I did look on WOW forumns and other professions (not just tailoring and first aid) have been having major problems, it seems to happen to random characters
Despite many reverses, freedom has won many battles. Many died in those battles in the conviction that to die in the struggle against oppression was better than to live without freedom. Such a death is the utmost assertion of their individuality. ~ Erich Fromm

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:59 AM

Alas! Since this is happening randomly, chances are there is nothing they can do for you presently, so you will have to wait for them to issue a patch. By sending them the information, you have helped them to understand the breadth of the problem. I have found the WOW team to be very responsive to patching this kind of issue.
Sorry that there isn't a quick-fix to suggest.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:43 PM

i play WoW on a provate server (so it's possible they have skills calculated differently) but whenever I mine or craft anything, I have a similar issue. I haven't played on any official servers (because of the subscription) so I don't know exactly how it's supposed to work. When I'm using a profession skill, lets say mining, I only get skill points if I don't successfully mine the vein. I get skill points when it tells me "Your skill isn't high enough" but when I do finally open the vein, I don't get any skill points for doing so.

Posted Image

#6 shortymac

shortymac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:05 PM

Thanks john! I hope they fix it soon tho, i wanna get my journeyman tailor level!

prodigy- thats really weird! And i thought all mine where weird

#7 Ryan S

Ryan S

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:42 PM

As a side note... taloring is a primary professions and first aid is a secondary.. what that means is that u can get another primary (u can only have 2 primarys and all the secondarys u want.

Examples of primarys:
Taloring
Enchanting (usually is done with tailoring)
Mining
Engineering
Blacksmithing
Herblism
Alchemy

Example of Secondarys:
Cooking
First aid
Fishing

#8 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:30 AM

Have you tried buying the next level of training? I've been playing WoW through multiple 10-day trials (i have a lot of e-mail addy's :thumbsup:)

I do know that you can't get a certain skill above 75 without going back to a trainer to buy a master/journeyman/apprentice/etc. This probably isn't the issue, but i know i've overlooked the obvious before.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 08 July 2006 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users