Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choose Start Windows Normally

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teratosis

teratosis

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Is there a way to make windows automatically choose "start windows normally" in the case of hard resets? I have a USB monitor hooked to the system and it does not turn on until Windows loads. but if I hard reset by accident or some other reason I can't see the screen that asks what you want to do, this only can be seen when vga/dvi is connected. I know there is a timer for the start normally, but wanted to know if there was a way to make windows not even have to ask and just know to start normally?

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

Nope, whenever a hard reset/shutdown is done the system wants to make sure the file system and everything is ok, so it will default the option on start up repair unless of course you choose to start Windows. To my knowledge that is un touchable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users