Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

taskbar/monitor problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

I have a Sony Vaio, VGN-CS320J, laptop with Vista installed.
The computer runs fine BUT, the lower half of the taskbar has a pink and green , horizonal, active bar ontop of it. That makes it hard to read whats on the taskbar.
Whats strange is that the pinkish/greenish bar is active. It blinks pinkish for a second and a half, then greenish for a second and a half, then it stops. Then it does it over and over again and doesn't stop the whole time the laptops on.
Sounds wierd, I know.
Anyone have any idea what this horizonal bar is ?
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

Does this problem happens at Safe Mode?

When your problem happens could you press Print Screen Button and paste it on Paint / Word and see on that Screen Shot does you could see your problem on the picture? If you could see it than you need to update your Display Adapter Driver. If you couldn't see it that means your LCD have some problem.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:38 AM

Yep, it is on in SafeMode also. I tried to update the driver but the computer said that I already had the best driver for it.
No matter what I do, even when I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, the pink , blinky bar sits ontop of the taskbar. It covers the whole bottom half of the taskbar. I couldn't get anything to print.
The cursor even goes under the pinkish bar.
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

Have you try to take a Screen Shot and see it with Imaging Software or Word? Just to make sure does it Software or Hardware failure.

Please take a Screen Shot and see does you could see your problem or not. If you could see it on Screen Shot picture please attach it on your next post so we could recognized your problem.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#5 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:36 AM

Sorry, I got rid of the laptop and am taking the money to build me a very nice desktop. Thank you for helping me on this strange problem !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users