We need to remove the drivers properly first. * Make sure the printer is connected and turned on before proceeding to the next steps.
* Take note of the error messages and close them afterward.
* Make sure that there's no other printer is connected aside from the HP deskjet F4180 printer.
1. Click on start > run > type in devmgmt.msc
in the box.
2. Look for other devices (? icon) and check if that's your printer. If it is, right click on it and uninstall. If other devices is not in the list, skip this step.
3. On the bottom part of the list, look for universal serial bus controllers and expand it by double click on the label (if its not expanded)
4. Look for usb printing support, right click then uninstall it. If its not there, look for usb 2.0 mfp and uninstall it. If its still not there, skip this step.
5. Disconnect the usb cable that is connected on the printer and computer.
6. Click on start > run > type in appwiz.cpl
in the box.
7. Uninstall all HP deskjet F4180 printer related software. If you have a different HP printer installed here, make sure you take note of the model so your not removing it as well.
8. Restart the computer.
9. Download and install only the basic drivers for your printer.
10. Connect the usb cable back to the printer and computer once the driver software instructs you and try printing a test page once its done.
If ever you encounter any problems or errors during one of the steps, please let us know and post them.
I hope this helps a bit.