Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need the charge battery sound working?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:13 AM

Hi guys.

I've search the forum but I can't find anything relevant.

I don't like leaving my laptop on charge all the time and I sometimes forget to switch the battery charger on and Windows shuts down.

Now in Control Panel - Sounds you can set various sounds for various operations I made my own Chargebattery.wav and enabled it for Critical Battery Alarm and Low Battery Alarm and they both test ok. When the battery gets low it doesn't play the wave file. It does show the low battery tooltip in the systray but you can easily miss that.

Does anyone know why it doesn't sound on a low battery or am I missing something in the sound settings?

I've downloaded Battery Meter Gadget but thats only a visual warning so you would have to have the sidebar on top all the time plus it doesn't play any sounds?

Cheers.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

Does no one have any comments on this?

I made the Chargebattery.wav with 2nd Speech Center as the default Windows Battery Low.wav and Windows Battery Critical.wav are just bleeps mine says your battery needs charging. I also made a Trash.wav to empty the recycle bin that says your recycle bin has been emptied and that works great. If anyone wants these wav file let me know?

The Battery Meter does play a few bleeps which is better than nothing.

I put back the default Battery Low.wav and Windows Battery Critical.wav but Battery Meter still played the beeps. I removed Battery Meter and tried it again and it still didn't play the default sounds it just shows the yellow message at 10 minutes and the red one at 6 minutes so this system for playing sounds is obviously crap.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users