Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OCCT Fail a concern?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dream-e

dream-e

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hello,

First time poster upon a very quick google for reputable computer help forums. Thanks in advance for any time spent reading and advising!

For the heck of it, as I get ready for a computer course beginning next week, I decided to check out my Latitude with the OCCT free software. Long story short-ish, I noticed my processor, i5, was not working at nearly max speed under full load. This, even under "High Performance" power plan led me to waste some money (I'm guessing) on some remote-access help. Good news; the Dell worked great after their help, going from an underclock of 45% to an overclock of around 19.8% as my i5 M560 rated at 2.67 GHz was showing 3196.5 on the OCCT table during idle and under 100% CPU load.

Frankly, I don't really know what much of any of that means. I know about enough to get me in trouble computer-wise, but I have fun/pull my hair out!

Anyway, my computer ran fine during the OCCT test, I don't remember my CPU and GPU temps, but it never shut down.

So, to my question;
I decided as I helped my Sweet get her new Dell XPS15z ready for nursing school to try the same OCCT test on her rig. Again, I don't remember what the temps showed, but after maybe 3 - 5 minutes OCCT stopped the test due to excessive CPU heat. I'm thinking it hit 80, but that may be wrong. If any of you respond, and would suggest further tests I will be happy to oblige.

Drumroll.........

Is the OCCT failure on her machine cause for concern? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions you may have, and "I Love You" in advance if you help further my education here in the process!

Cheers all,

Todd

Edited by hamluis, 25 August 2011 - 11:23 AM.
Moved from Windows 7 to All Other Applications.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dream-e

dream-e
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

I'd appreciate a point if this should be in another forum peeps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users