Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Sound Card Won't Work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rhombus!

Rhombus!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

Hi,

I busted the audio jack on my Toshiba Satellite laptop, so I picked up a USB sound card as a replacement. When I plug it in, the computer registers the device and sets it as my default audio device but it doesn't seem to work with either my speakers or my headphones. I've updated my drivers and checked the device's settings, but to no avail. Can anybody lend me a hand?

Thanks,
Rhombus!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hello and Welcome to BC :welcome:
Have you try that USB Sound Card on another Computer? Does your problem happen at another Computer?
If your problem happens on another Computer that means your problem is that USB Sound Card. Hope that you still have Warranty so you could RMA it.
If on another computer your problem doesn't happen. Please provide more information about yout Toshiba Model and your Operating System on your next post.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users