Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are we really Treating our Kids right?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

I certainly mean no Offence towards any Parents, Grand Parents nor Great-Grand Parents in the World, nor towards anyone else.

I am a Great-Grand Dad, with two Families, my eldest from my first would have been 44, this year, whilst ny youngest from my second Family, turned 17, so I really can see the point in this.

Please read the story through and read the Comments from it, then respond in a nice way?

MOTHER who made her young son sit in public with a sign reading "Do not trust me. I will steal from you as I am a thief'' pinned to his shirt has defended her actions, saying she had tried everything to stop him from shoplifting.

link http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/i-tried-everything-to-stop-him-stealing-says-mum-of-i-am-a-thief-sign-shame-boy/story-e6freoof-1226120591871

Let's Debate nicely?

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

There are always two sides, at least, to a debate?

This seems to be opposite?

Hot sauce and cold showers: mother's Dr Phil audition ends in court

Link http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/hot-sauce-and-cold-showers-mothers-dr-phil-audition-ends-in-court-20110823-1j7ix.html

Ray.

Edited by Drovers Dog, 23 August 2011 - 04:36 PM.

What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#3 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

@ Drovers Dog,

As I read the first articule. I could feel that Mother's frustration,she's tried
everything she know's how to,What the articule doesn't tell me is "Does this child
have disability??, I don't mean a "Physical" disability, I mean a "mental" disability
For example: let use Autisim....It can present it's self in varing degrees from very
mild to extreme, when autism presents it's self in a very mild case, you wouldn't
nessarily know that child has autism.....having dealt with challenged Children a
good bit,it's very easy to mistake a episode of off kilter behavior as simply having
a "bad" day, we all have those, I have to pay close attention to see what's behind
The Behavior....middle of the road cases and extreme cases present themselves pretty
quickly and leave no doubt that child needs my "Special Care",,it's NOT a matter of
"Their misbehaving on purpose.it's a matter of they can't help it literaly, don't
Get me wrong here, all my kids get "special Care" I look at them as individuals,
because they are...
Perhap's This young child has OCD ( Obsessive Compulsive Disorder )??....somethings
not clicking in his mind,so the behaivor continues....He can't stop himself, even
tho he may desperately want to, he's incapable of doing so...
My take on this is that this mother has tried everything she can think of to curb her
son's behavior,so by process of elimination( isn't that what Doctor's and Therapist
do) there something going on that's not just stubborness....
Maybe she needs to have him tested for OCD??
I Haven't read the second articule yet, but am familiar with the story..if i have
any comment's i'll post them in a little while...
RESPECTFULLY MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#4 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

@ Drover Dog,
THe second articule set my hair on fire!....I don't care which side proved their
Point....THat mother was abusing all those kids! Peroid!" She was trying to stop
them from misbehaving my "Aunt Fanny"!! IMHO, Those poor kids need to be removed
that home and Like yesterday!!!....I don't give a RAT's Behind if those babies were
having behavior issues or not.. you don't do that to anybody, BUT especially NOT
to DEFENSLESS Babies!! and to make her 10 year old daughter video tape this...
is unconsionable!!!!...Quite Frankley I'd like to see how she would hold up under
the same set of circumstances! I swear if ihad witnessed that, I'd have kicked
herbackside until heaven wouldn't have no more of it, and then made her swollow
that hot sauce, yellin "DRINK UP SWEETHEART!!" and then shoved her head into a
bucket of ice water with real ice!!!
She's A sadist!! and those poor babies deserve sooo much better!
MY HAIRS ON FIRE!
MissPlaced

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#5 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

@ Drovers Dog,
I had to walk away for a few to get myself under control....I'm Little calmer and
willing to be more rational.....
If you have a little one, whose wetting themselves, that's the first clue that there's
something either "physical" or "Emotional" or a combination of the both....
going on,This is easily fixed with a trip to the Doctor and a few test's to determine
if the child has say weak bladder, kidney's, or something else...and some TLC will
take care of the emotional part....
MY 20 month old grandbaby is in the process of bein "Potty Trained" GOD LOVE My
son and his wife, their gonna have their hands full, my grandbaby is a firecracker
and I wouldn't have him any other way!! :lol: :lol: , now i'll get to the point
here,when I was growing up the "Common' practice was to set the child on the "Potty"
and make them stay there until the deed was acomplished....I'm NOT a fan of that
at all.
My son was a firecracker too...The first try with the potty was a "No Go" he wanted
nothing to do with it....so I put the potty away for about a month or so, then
brought it back out,he was alil more willing, but not enthueastic about it...so
I put it away again for about a month and then tried again,This time was successful
he took right to it and didn't even wet the bed...I told my son this, my son's a
Smart man...there doing the exact same thing, This pleases me greatly!!
THe point I'm makin here is simply this, The only thing that Little ones really need
is LOVE and Patience,Parent's need to use the common sense they were given....
I can almost feel the words "Munchhousein Syndrom" being spoken about this mother...
as In 'Awww Poor thing she has a diease"....NO she doesn't IMHO, she's just plain evil
I swear at times I think people take better care of their animals then they do the
precious Little Lives in there care.....I hope with everything in me that she's
behind bars, because that's exactly where she belongs, and that those little ones are far from her ever getting her hands on them again!!
MissPlaced

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

First article, eh that mother has issues, and it seems a little extreme, but not child abuse. I would dare say she didnt try everything-shoplifting is a choice, not a mental problem, but that child is obviously stealing for some reason, and that mother just hasnt figured a way to stop it yet. That being said, I dont think Id ever do that to my child, it certainly isnt hurting the child any, looks more to me like a parents frustration let out in what is at worst a little bit of humilation the child will get over, at best who knows, maybe the kid will learn something. Now if the mother did this over every single incident of disobediance, I might be concerned, but one incident, eh parents get stressed to.

Second article, Seriously? feeding the kid hot sauce, on VIDEO, just to get on Dr. Phil? lock this woman up. There was no good reason for it, it was not only far more out there then the first one-but it cant be explained by a act of frustration, it could have hurt the child, and wasn't even done to really curb a behavior, it was to get on Dr. Phil? lock that woman up and send her to jail, she has absolutly no business being a mother.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:46 AM

I saw both of those articles on the tv news and it is pretty scary as my parents had never did that to me before or my brother.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#8 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

Hot sauce mom~~

IMHO, the sentence did not fit the crime!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users