Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 midnight01200

midnight01200

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:56 PM

I recently bought a wireless pci adapter for my desktop. When I went to install it there were no extra pci slots. Being that the wireless card will be used for my main internet access I removed the regular ethernet card from the pci slot and installed the wireless card. My wireless connection is up and running fine. A day after the installation a blue screen pops up and says to check my newly installed hardware and make sure its connected properly requiering me to reboot my computer. This screen has been displayed a couple of times. Could this problem be the results of forgeting to uninstall the first card before I removed it? If so how can the problem be fixed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:24 PM

Go to start/control panel and then go into network and internet connections. Click on my network places and then view network connections. If old network connection is still there you can right click and disable.

Also check in control panel/performance and maintenance/system. Select hardware tab then device manager, look under network adaptors. Right click to remove any cards that are not supposed to be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users