Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is 73 Degrees To Hot For Ur Cpu Diode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:55 PM

the title is my question lol. My cpu is a Amd Athlon 3000+ processor
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 linderman

linderman

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:12 PM

Yes 73C is too hot for any CPU

please explain your current set-up with regard to case air flowing / i.e. number of case fans, their approximate loaction (front of case down low or back of case up high etc) and direction of air flow.

Another helpful method: remove the side case cover and run a house fan blowing into the computer = see how much the temp drops >>>> if the temps drops down to 50C at normal workload then you probally just need improved and added case cooling >>>> however if your temps only drop a few degrees then your thermal paste and or heat sink isnt doing the trick.

at that point you will need to check your heatsink & cpu fan >>> does it wobble at all ??????

let us know what your temps are after you run the house fan ????

regards

joe

#3 Rabbuk

Rabbuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:45 PM

my bad lol its running at 40c sry for the false alarm. :thumbsup:
Rabbuk