Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

kryptik.RNF trojan...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 jtaylor1120

jtaylor1120

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

What is it? My son was redirected on a google page and now my computer will not boot up and is shutting it self down. I took out the hard drive and am running a scan with eset and so far it has only found this trojan. Can I get rid of this by viewing the HD on another computer? Is it possible or are we just screwed? I need help please!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,944 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

Are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 jtaylor1120

jtaylor1120
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

I was not...I took the hard drive out of the laptop and viewed it on another computer. I have eset security on that computer and it found the trojan. When I last had the drive in the laptop, I could not even keep the power on for more than 5 minutes. Not sure why this is happening. Do you think the virus could control that?

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

If the computer shut itself down, most likely the problem is hardware related (Motherboard or PSU for example). Can you tell me what trojan was found by ESET?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,076 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

Hi, are you still there?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• 61,076 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users