Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

file recovery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vmax8915147

vmax8915147

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

can I recover files from the hard drive on my dead computer without repairing it---thanks chuck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

Sure. Just either slave the drive to another or install it as a second hd on another system.

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

You could try plugged your hardrive to another computer and see does your hardrive detected or not.

If you hardrive still detected on another Computer you just need to copy you files except if you has already delete that file.

If your hardrive not detected on another Computer then you really need to recover it. Bring it to Data Recovery Office will better but this will cost lot of money. It will be very Expensive if you really need to Recovery your data on Dead Hardrive (if your hardrive is really Dead not malfunction hardrive).

Edited by abauw, 22 August 2011 - 01:06 PM.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#4 vmax8915147

vmax8915147
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

thanks for the replies. Im thinking I have a psu or motherboard malfuntion and the hard drive is unaffected. thanks again

#5 zeyzey017

zeyzey017

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

make a LIVECD or LIVEUSB

you can use UBUNTU and explore the system of WINDOWS
im always doing this when some on comoputer need to back up files
but the computer is dying :D

or TRY BARTPE

:D

explore your mind

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

or TRY BARTPE

Unfortunately that is not an option BleepingComputer supports for the following reason:

There are many sites that offer ISOs for Windows Installation discs, Recovery discs, WinPE, or BartPE bootable CD/DVDs. What most people do not know is that hosting, distributing, and downloading of pre-made bootable CDs using technology such as BartPE or WinPE is illegal due to the files that they contain being copyrighted to Microsoft and against their license agreements.

This topic is not meant to be a debate on whether or not these should be allowed to be downloaded. I too agree that Microsoft does their users a disservice by not offering a free Windows Recovery Disc and have repeatedly reached out to contacts at Microsoft to try and push this through. The reality, though, is that no matter what our personal feeling is, the download and use of these types of media is not legal. Therefore, I will not allow the use or referral to these types of downloads at BleepingComputer.com. By referring people to these downloads and telling them to use them, we are effectively telling them to pirate copyrighted software without their knowledge. This is not behavior that I can condone at BleepingComputer.com.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with using or telling others how to use WinPE or BartPE to generate these types of bootable CD/DVDs from their own Windows Installation Media. This is perfectly legal as long as you do not host and distribute the CD/DVDs that you have generated. In fact, we encourage everyone to create their own bootable recovery environments in the event that your computer becomes unbootable in order to further aid you in fixing such problems.

So with this said, effective immediately, members are not allowed to refer other members to pre-made bootable CDs using licensed Microsoft technology or files, such as WinPE or BartPE . Furthermore, we do not allow our members to refer other members to ISOs of the Windows Installation Discs or Windows Recovery Consoles.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by hamluis, 24 August 2011 - 07:21 AM.
Typo.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users