Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2002

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:04 PM

Hello,

I am using Microsoft Office 2002, and when I use Word and Excel and open a document, the document seems to appear at about the normal speed, but then I am unable to make any changes to the document for at least a minute, perhaps even several minutes. Then I am able to make changes like normal.

But then when I go to save the changed document this process also takes up to several minutes.

Anyone know the cure for this?

This is a new installation on a new machine. 3.0 GHz processor and 512 MB Ram with basically nothing other than Windows and an A/V program running. I don't have this issue with any other programs.

I am willing to uninstall and reinstall Office if that is the cure. Any ideas?

Thanks!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:17 PM

Hello, Albert Frankenstein:

What is the size of the data that you are trying to save?
Disable/unload your Antivirus program, and any other programs loaded at startup to see if that makes a difference.
JC

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

Ok, problem fixed, and this was a wierd one, at least to me as I have not seen this before.

This computer had sound issues as well, and so I reinstalled the sound drivers, and then viola! MS Office started working correctly! Go figure.

I don't get it.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users