Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tracur Trojan Activity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Iceman107

Iceman107

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:40 AM

I was given your website address from the Community forums of Norton 360 as it pertains to the following and hopes you might be of assistance. The following is the post at Norton's boards:

Iceman107

Tracur Trojan Activity
Options
08-21-2011 10:27 PM
I keep getting Norton 360 pop-up warning stating " Norton Block, an intrusion attempt, Tracur Trojan ...".
Under the Security Alert it reads: 91.217.153.48 was blocked. IPS Alert Name - System Infected Tracur Trojan Activity.
Aside from this there is a reoccurring file left on my desktop labled: lhnfyqpnpn.tmp
I keep deleting it and emptying the recycle bin but it comes back (though it seems inactive.
In short I don't think ANYTHING was blocked. I believe the Trojan got through.
Please advise.
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3 (25 Views)
0 Kudos
Success!
Click to go to your post.
SendOfJive
Norton Fighter

Re: Tracur Trojan Activity
Options
08-21-2011 10:49 PM
The "System Infected" notation means that the trojan is already on your system. It is trying to connect out and IPS is blocking the outbound connection. You may want to post at one of the following free malware removal forums for assistance with this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/

http://forums.whatthetech.com/
Message 2 of 3 (18 Views)
0 Kudos

Accept as Solution
Iceman107

Re: Tracur Trojan Activity

08-22-2011 12:16 AM
With all do respect, what does this say about Norton 360's performance...or lack thereof? And why are you referring me elsewhere instead of having Norton resolve the issue? I mean what the hell am I paying for???
Regards.
Message 3 of 3 (0 Views)
0 Kudos

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hello,

I see you are receiving assistance here: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/306382-tracur-trojan-activity-norton-360/

In order to avoid confusion, and make the best use of the limited number of malware removal helpers and their own limited amount of time, this topic is closed. Please do not post in more than one forum, and if you have more topics open elsewhere, please ask that they be closed. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Bleeping Computer Staff
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users