Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

printer installation reporting RPC server unavailable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 llnnglsh

llnnglsh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

My printer files have disappeared. Running HP WinXP Media Center Edition 2005, Professional SP3, with HP 1209 psc All In One Printer.
My printer files disappeared (have lost original installation disc), downloaded driver and software from HP with firewall and norton both disabled.
Installation can not complete and repeatedly gives me an "RPC server unavailable" error message.
I've reviewed Services files and both RPC and RPC locater are set to automatic and started. Cannot find a print spooler file in 'tasks running'
Looking in Printer Settings, no printers are available for selection.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.. on download it will tell me the file already exists, but cannot find it anywhere in win explorer.

(I can copy with the All In One, it would seem the printer is functional but a hardware/software installation issue is prohibiting print or scan function)

Have tried everything , any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

Ive had this issue before, and the resolution was a complete reinstall of the OS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users