Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 des2des

des2des

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:47 AM

Hi can anyone help, I use Google as my home page and up to yesterday when i did a search no problems . The problem started when i went to seach for something yesterday afternoon and this came up
Google Error

We're sorry...
... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:
To try to solve the problem I have run
Ad Aware Spybot then I scanned with stop sign this told me ihad some viruses so i used bit defender this removed the viruses Ihave scaned again nothing there .So I did another search with Google and the same problem> The thing is when I enter the characters I can search no problems but as soon as i close Google down then come back to it the same thing happens. I would appreciate any help with this problem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:59 AM

If you think you're infected, you may want to submit a hijackthis log. Im sorry for lack of instructions, but im in school now, hopefully someone else will come along and supply links for you.

It seems to me that you've been infected with alot of mal-ware. and even though i cant remember the name of the virus/exploit, there was a google exploit out there that did this. So, since you've done a scan with bit defender, ad-aware and spybot, use trendmicro housecall. This is always a last resort, and shouldnt be used as a primary virus scan. It is very fast, and accurate, and scans in real time.
www.trendmicro.com, then go to i think its tools. I cant go to certain sites at school because they're blocked.. Im lucky this one works.

I'll get back to you when i get home, if someone else hasnt helped you already.

#3 des2des

des2des
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:39 AM

Thanks I tried Housecall ;ast night but nothing seemed to happen Ill try again cheers

#4 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:57 AM

If you think you are infected submit a hijackthis log to the HJT Forum.

How to submit a hijackthis log

Download Hijackthis

Try running the following from safe mode (Getting to safe-mode) Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.zip remember to extract the contents of the zip file into the same folder as Sysclean.com

or

DrWeb CureIT

or

KASFX which is powered by the Kaspersky AV engine, you will need internet access to update it. If you haven't got net access in safe mode, update it before you use it.

If your good with the command line also try Sophos Command Line scanner this command will scan all of your hdd's SAV32CLI.EXE -F -di -remove -dn -mbr -all -zip -p=avscanlog.txt and give you a log file to review afterwards.

Also try installing and running A2 Free and Ewido again run from safe mode.

I'd also run Spybot(Spybot Tutorial) and Adaware

If your using Win2K/XP run adaware/spybot from "safe mode with command prompt" If your using Win9x just run it from safe mode the command line options aren't needed..

At the C:\ prompt type the following:-

cd\
C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofix
cd\
C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exe

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:58 AM

Before going any further, are you SURE there is a problem? Does the error message really make any sense?

Like many users, I have received this error message now and again, but never on a consistent basis as one would suspect if the computer were actually infected. Countless scans and careful net usage make me believe my computer is clean of any kind of infection.

Conclusion: this is some sort of problem with Google programming- - -perhaps some sort of "false positive"- - - and not necessarily a result of your computer being infected.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 19 January 2006 - 03:37 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 des2des

des2des
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:21 PM

Hi well ive scaned with multiple virus and spyware programs and my computer looks all clear it looks as if i have a glich with gooogle as all other search engines are working fine
thanks for your help everyone

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:11 PM

Banned Searches In Google And MSN
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users