Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed Security Cameras, now cant log into xp.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BlackMariah

BlackMariah

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

So a few weeks ago we installed usb security cameras. They were set to record to our xp desktop on the d drive. we have not had them recoding for the last few weeks. The problem is that we set the username and password for the camera net work. But today, when I tried to turn my computer on the log in screen was different. Instead of the blue screen , I got a black screen with a small dialog box with username and password for the camera combined in the username box. in the password box were characters [I don't know what characters] and another dialog box saying it couldn't log me in. There is no password set for this computer. And the computer was on last night when I went to bed but was off this morning and no one turned it off.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hello and Welcome to BC.
Could you tell more about your Computer and USB Security Camera Brand and Model?
And Could you boot to safe mode?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 BlackMariah

BlackMariah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

already tried to boot in safe mode but it wouldn't let me. It just kept right on doing what it was doing. What is actually hooked up to the computer is the receiver which is a wireless network dvr with four channel quad picture. it is made by Sira Certification Service.

Edited by BlackMariah, 21 August 2011 - 02:29 PM.

#4 BlackMariah

BlackMariah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Actually come to think of it..the cameras are wireless and our wifi has been screwing up periodically since we installed them.

#5 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

And what is your USB Security Camera Brand and Model?

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#6 BlackMariah

BlackMariah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

Im not sure what you mean by that. I thought I had already said...Or did you mean something else? The camera brand? I don't know. the only company name I can find is Sira Certification Service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users