I was reading the HP website regarding your mini 1000 and I see that there are two ways to reinstall your operating system.One:System Restore Utility (Installed on the notebook)**You can use the System Restore utility to recover the original operating system and programs**
To use the System Restore utility that is installed on the notebook, follow these steps:
- Turn on or restart the notebook, and then press the Esc key repeatedly while the F10 = BIOS Setup Options message is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- The System Restore page opens.
- Use the arrow keys to select System Restore and then press Enter .
Two:HP MIE Restore Image Creator (using a USB flash drive):
- Follow the on-screen instructions to recover the system.
If you are unable to boot (start up) the notebook, and if you are unable to use System Restore
, you can use another computer to download the HP MIE Restore Image Creator utility and create a bootable USB flash drive (purchased separately). You can then use the USB flash drive to install the HP MIE operating system and programs on your notebook.Questions:
- You used Option Two. Did you attempt Option One first?
- The new operating system you installed, does it appear to be a different version of Windows or maybe Linux?
- With the new operating system running, if you use the keyboard and press the "windows key" and "R" simultaneously the "run" box should appear. If it does, type winver, then "OK." This will show your version of Windows.