Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Touchpad

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hey everyone I have been keeping a close eye on these tablet "wars" :deadhorse:

Hp decision to buy Palm Inc. WebOs has been a FAIL. :rip:

They have announced to kill there WebOs system so they are descontuning there Hp Touchpad or as they announced it the "Ipad Killer".

Well the great part is Best Buy is selling them for $100 to $150 a bargain. :woot:

My question is do they have the apps to buy or are they going to close that out to.... :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

I did not get what you said...

Is it a poem? Not being rude...

Yea I went on a goose chase for a 1 and I could not find them anywhere. Finally a good Christian posted a link on Craiglist where you can buy them and sure enough I got my hand's on 1. Wheel I will see it soon..

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

That was a spammer.. I believe that they will keep that service up for a while they would be out of their mind not to keep it up. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

I agree

I find it hard to believe that a company of that size will throe the toll in a couple months like they did. Maybe they just wanted to flute us with there device so they can catch up with the race...

#5 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

Best buy has actually stopped selling the touchpads all together.

I also heard of a few stories that HP is throwing in the towel all together, they also are talking about selling their PC manufacturing line. That is really unfortunate...
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

What ever happens I just hope they don't fail as a company all together, If they did the computer industry would be quite screwed, HP makes a lot of stuff for other companies as well as doing a lot of research, oh and who can forget their printers what would companies like apple do if they no longer could get air-print enabled printer from HP? Oh and someone call Best buy and ask them about the touch pad see what they say I have heard stories of people just getting hung up on lol.

Edited by computerxpds, 23 August 2011 - 03:01 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,489 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

HP Dumps TouchPad, Phones, PCs

If it runs on webOS, then HP is apparently dropping it. That includes the two-month-old TouchPad and phones (most of which you've not heard of).

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 joggiwagga

joggiwagga

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/More-TouchPads-on-the-Way/ba-p/68749

"Despite announcing an end to manufacturing webOS hardware, we have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand"

#9 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

I'll bet there's going to be a lot more demand, now that they're getting closer to porting Android over to the TouchPad, which will include multi-touch support:
http://androidcommunity.com/hp-touchpad-android-port-moving-along-gets-multitouch-support-video-20110906/

There's also plans in the works to offer a dual-boot:

The CyanogenMod team are "pretty close" to releasing a fully functional version of Google Android 2.3.5 for the TouchPad, according to Liliputing. "The only major component still missing is Wi-Fi support," the Web site said. "CyanogenMod also plans to offer a dual-boot solution, which means that you won't have to uninstall WebOS to boot Android, so you'll be able to get the best of both worlds on the tablet," the Liliputing post added.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20103726-64/android-on-hp-touchpad-hits-snag/
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 jimvw57

jimvw57

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

HP did discount their touchpad 16gb and the 32gb for a weekend firesale, and sold out their inventory. A few weeks ago, they offered more units on their Ebay store, which sold out in 5 min. And crashed the Ebay file servers. HP also announced the Webos will be an 'open archetecture' software. So far, no word if they will be building more units

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users