Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firefox 6 needs java console

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

How do I get java console for firefox version 6? I just upgraded to firefox 6 and the program told me that my java console 6 is out of date and firefox has disabled it. I don't know what java console is and I do not know exactly how to get the one I need for this firefox version 6. I wish I had not upgraded firefox now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

Take a look here to update java: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic411802.html

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 989 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

This site had some expected interesting information:

Take a look here to update java: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic411802.html

Some instruction there said that java runtime environment version 7 is currently available first at:
http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java7.xml , as reported by keyboardNinja. While visiting that site, I found a link for download which when clicked, ran a version verification check. the results were that, "Congratulations!
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 26)."

Based on that, and the fact that so far, Firefox (version 6) seems to be working, and that Java site tells me I have the version of Java that I need (contrary to what Firefox told me), I am not sure why I need Java Runtime Environment version 7. Also, I checked java settings in Control Panel and I do not see where Java Console is shown as disabled. Maybe I do not know where to look? I am confused about this Java Console disablement.

Control Panel for Java shows that Java (runtime environment) is Enabled in two ways, and indicates that Java Console is "Hidden" (not sure if this is same as disabled or not). I can only assume that "Console" is part of "Runtime Environment"; am I correct on this?

Also, if Java Console is disabled, what websites can I try to visit to know if Console is or isn't disabled? I 'feel' safer keeping my Java RE version 6 for now, since Java (website) tells me that's what I have and that is the correct, latest version( and site says version 7 still in testing).

Any further clarifications about this Firefox 6, Java 6 Java 7 Java Console arrangment?

(Affected computer: Laptop with Windows XP s.p. 3, IE 8, Firefox 6, Google Chrome, Norton Internet Security 2011)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users